Sunday, August 31, 2008

Flexibility = Knowing Something Well


I like to cook - from scratch, trying new recipes for just about every category of food. I cook a lot. We almost always eat at home where I use fresh ingredients to make scrumptious meals for family and friends. I feel very confident in the kitchen because I enjoy food and its preparation as much as I enjoy eating it.


The other day, I was making "Loaded Oatmeal Cookies" and at the point of stirring in the oatmeal with the chocolate chips, craisins, and nuts...I realized I didn't have enough oatmeal. I didn't have time to run to the store. I searched the cabinets and found some packets of instant oatmenl - dumped in about 3 packets to make up the missing oatmeal, and...problem solved! I was very proud of my ingenuity. The cookies were delicious after all.


When you know something well, you can use your knowledge in flexible and fluent ways. This doesn't happen overnight. It happens by having many experiences with something.

No comments: